Saturday 2 May 2009

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Caps. I love caps'- in certain situations. Emphaisise, jokes, the whole collection. But why must we use it as a method of grabbing attention.

Yes, it works- but for the wrong reason. Kiss goodbye to your request, your going to get flammed. Its rude. Its like speaking child to a foreigner, there not stupid, just not as literate at your language, dont be rude.

"I HAVE A QUESTION K WAI CNT I HD I N QUEST"
Please spell it right at least, too.

"LFG NEED TANKS AND HEALERS"
Group requests in caps are annoying, but at least make sense.

Does it only annoy me? IT REALLY annoys me (haha i used caps, but in the right context, no?).
Not only does it get under my skin, it brings out a ferocious side of me thats lurked in the Nether for all too long- when im angry, im angry, and when my felguards angry he hurts more. Demonic Empowerment or not.

Dont do drugs, dont do caps.

2 comments:

  1. I know! It's like "stop yelling at me!" I sometimes think the all caps in the LFG channel is about trying to make -your- request more important to be filled.

    Ugh, and what about people using all caps when they /y? How much louder do you need to be? :P

    It's like they can't CONTROL THE VOLUME OF THEIR VOICE. And you are right, many times, their request, question, whatever, has received negative attention and less likely to be fulfilled. Unfortunately, it's sort of a catch-22 at that point because then they'll yell more because they are being ignored.

    ~Syrana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much a pain...
    Its ignorance. And you can't expect people to do what you want to do all the time. That would just be silly.

    Can't please everybody, as they say..

    ReplyDelete